What Information Do We Collect?
We collect information in two ways:
1. When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it.
When you use our products or services, you voluntarily give us certain information, usually but not restricted to your first and last name, telephone number, and email addresses. When you give us your email address, you will be automatically opted in to receive email notices, which may include follow notifications, announcements, and/or Flying Lemurs newsletters. We do not use this email address for any purpose other than to send you email. If you do not want to receive email from us, simply reply to us with such notice.
If you make a booking with a Flying Lemurs Product or Service, we’ll request additional personal information and traveler preference information. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order to book travel including:
• Personally identifiable information, such as your first and last name, date of birth, and gender as required by the flight companies or ticket providers. Additionally, you can choose to provide other travel preference information.
• Traveler companions: When you make a reservation for someone else through this website, we will request personal information and travel preferences about that individual including first and last name, gender, and date of birth. You should obtain the consent of other
individuals prior to providing us with their personal information and travel preferences, as any access to view or change their information will be available only through your account. If you’re using Flying Lemurs on your mobile device, you can choose to provide us with location data.
2. We also get technical information when you use our products or websites or apps that have Flying Lemurs features.
Nowadays, whenever you use a website, mobile application, or other Internet service, there’s certain information that almost always gets created and recorded automatically. The same is true when you use our products or services. Here are some of the types of information we can collect:
• Log Data: When you use Flying Lemurs, our servers automatically record information (“log data”) including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web pages you visited that had Flying Lemurs features, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used Flying Lemurs, and cookie data.
• Device Information: In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using Flying Lemurs on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
How Do We Use The Information We Collect?
We use the information we collect to provide our products or services to you and make them better, develop new products or services, and protect Flying Lemurs and our users. For example, we may log how often people use two different versions of a product or service, which can help us understand which version is better.
We use the information we collect to:
• Complete travel bookings you require using our Products or Services, to provide you with the products and services you request; and to provide you with travel confirmation and updates;
• Manage your account, including processing bills and providing travel notifications.
• Easily initiate other transactions using our Products or Services.
• Send you updates (such as when there are great flight deals from your origin), newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You can decide to stop getting these updates by replying to us with such notice.
• Respond to your questions or comments.
The information we collect may be “personally identifiable” (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you as a unique person) or “non personally identifiable” (meaning it can’t be used to specifically identify you). We use both types of information, and combinations of both types, as described above. We may use or store information wherever Flying Lemurs does business, including countries outside your own.
What Choices Do You Have About Your Information?
You may have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access Flying Lemurs. For example: The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage; your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is shared with us. You can choose not to provide personally identifiable information like your name, gender, and date of birth, but often this information is required to complete travel booking.
How Do We Share the Information We Collect?
We share your information with:
• Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, and fraud prevention. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose. They are also required to follow the same data security practices that we ourselves adhere to.
The other limited instances where we may share your personal information include:
• If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Flying Lemurs; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
• We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy.
• When permitted or required by law.
By using a Flying Lemurs Product or Service, you also consent to the disclosure of your personal information to government authorities in the case of an actual or suspected violation of law or terrorist activities.
Our Policy on Children’s Information
Flying Lemurs is not directed to children under 16. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
How We Protect Your Information?
We want you to feel confident about using this website to make travel arrangements, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no product or service can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may only do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your sensitive personal information between your system, ours, and third parties.
How Do We Make Changes to This Policy?
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use Flying Lemurs after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or obtain your consent as required by law.